If this is the year you plan to take the world by storm – professionally-speaking – pay attention. Amazon has released a new version of its “100 Books to Read in a Lifetime Series,” but this time the theme is leadership and success. In other words, all the books you need to kick some serious ass on the career front.
Up first? Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso’s business book #GIRLBOSS. Amoruso’s placement on the list isn’t a surprise – #GIRLBOSS has been reviewed more than 1,000 times on Amazon, after all – but it’s a particularly awesome moment for anyone who revels in the unconventional and likes to break the rules. #GIRLBOSS isn’t your average business book.
But let’s not stop there. Also on the list are Elizabeth Gilbert’s creative juggernaut Big Magic, Gretchen Rubin’s The Happiness Project and Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In – three empowering books (by three inspirational women) that tackle some of the more interesting sides of career, success and leadership.
We’ve listed out the top ten books below, but if you’re in the mood to infuse your reading list with some major motivation, you can check out the entire list of 100 books here.
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- Andrew Carnegie by David Nasaw
- Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Business Adventures by John Brooks
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel G. Amen
- Chicken Soup for the Soul by Amy Newmark, Jack Canfield and Terri Elders
- Choose Yourself! by James Altucher and Dick Costolo
- Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk
Photo: Marcin Czaja